Woodland High School
Center for Advanced Studies in
The Woodland High School Center for Advanced Studies in Medical Sciences provides students with a rigorous, advanced academic experience with a focus in the field of medical sciences and scientific research. Learning opportunities for students will extend well beyond the classroom thanks to a dynamic partnership with Cartersville Medical Center.
Application of the curriculum will come to life as students creatively explore ways to research in the medical field, intern and shadow with professionals, and culminate their high school experience with project presentations in their chosen area of research within the AP Capstone experience.
The Bartow County School System recognizes that students who demonstrate exceptional potential in a specific area may benefit from a specialized program. Bartow’s magnet programs allow students to pursue their interests, develop their talents, and extend their competencies beyond the usual scope of high school.
- Current 8th grade students (class of 2024)
- BCSS Students
- Limited number of seats for Non-BCSS students
- Applications open in November and close at end of 1st semester
- PSAT 8/9, Middle School Transcript, Standardized Tests, Recommendations
- Approximately 50 seats per High School
- BCSS Magnet Information Meeting- Thursday, October 10th 6:30 PM – Grand Theater, Cartersville, GA
Woodland HS Magnet Night- Thursday, October 17th 7:00 – WHS Auditorium
Magnet Application Window Opens-Friday, November 1st
Online Application Window Closes on December 20.
Stay up to date and Informed.
Subscribe below to receive updates, news and additional information regarding the Magnet program.